Details The THROTTLE BOX EQ™ combines the enhanced tone shaping power of our popular Boogie® Five-Band Graphic Equalizer with foot switchable HI/LO performance Modes and easy “Top Panel” access to the previously internal BOOST feature of the original THROTTLE BOX™. The middle range of the GAIN control delivers overdrive tones...
The THROTTLE BOX EQ™ combines the enhanced tone shaping power of our popular Boogie® Five-Band Graphic Equalizer with foot switchable HI/LO performance Modes and easy “Top Panel” access to the previously internal BOOST feature of the original THROTTLE BOX™.
The middle range of the GAIN control delivers overdrive tones that can cover everything from Blues to Modern Metal, depending on the selection of either LO or HI GAIN Modes. Cranking things up into the upper one-third of the GAIN control in HI mode unleashes a hot-rod that’s blistering with searing top-end harmonics.
For Hard Rock and Metal our Graphic EQ set to the popular mid-scooped “V-Curve” has over a four decade track record of creating the heaviest sounds around. With limitless curve possibilities, the Graphic expands the potential for sonic diversity across all styles as well as being able to unleash Mayhem.
Like the original, this expanded THROTTLE BOX includes two gain modes but are controlled by a HI/LO foot switch. There are also dedicated HI LEVEL and LO LEVEL Output controls, allowing you to set the desired volume level for each gain mode individually. The EQ can be assigned to either or both of these gain modes. A MID CUT control allows global scooping of the mids in addition to whatever you might do with the graphic sliders.
The internally selectable BOOST switch hidden under the Bottom Plate on the original THROTTLE BOX appears on this EQ version as an easily accessible Top Panel BOOST switch for easy access to that extra dose of gain enhancement.
- Designed and Handcrafted in Petaluma, California, USA.
- True Bypass On/Off Switching - No Tonal Loss when in Bypass Mode.
- HI/LO Footswitch Provides Instant Access to Different Gain Modes
- Gain Control to Dial in the Perfect Amount of Classic Crunch to Modern Metal.
- Tone Control to balance the Amount of High Frequencies.
- Mid-Cut COntrol Provides Powerful Mid-Scoop for Modern High-Gain Styles.
- Boost Switch provides Enhanced EQ-Voicing.
- 5-Band Graphic EQ with miniature Slider Controls for +/- 12dB boost or cut at 80Hz, 240Hz, 750Hz, 2.2kHz and 6.6kHz. Assignable to either or both HI/LO Modes, via individual Toggle Switches.
- Independent LO/HI Master Level Controls Provides Variable Signal Boost of Up to +20dB.
- On/Off Status LED with Dual Colour LEDs (LO = Yellow / HI = Red).
- 9V Battery Powered or Externally Powered via Power Jack Input.
- Input and Output Jacks, with Nominal Input @ -20dB.
Weight and Dimensions
- 1.7 Lbs (771g) and 1.6 Lbs (725.7g), With and Without Battery Respectively.
- Height - 2.30" (58.4 mm).
- Width - 5.78" (146.8 mm).
- Depth - 4.76" (121 mm).
- Power Consumption of 0.405 Watts (9v @ 45mA).
- Input Impedance of 1M Ohm (500K Ohm Minimum).
- Output Impedance of 10K Ohm.
- External Power Supply MUST be 9Vdc with NEGATIVE CENTER Plug Polarity and a Jack Plug Size of 2.1mm x 5.5mm