Overview Introducing the new Rosette™ 300 / Two:Eight Acoustic Combo Amplifier with 300 watts of portable power, 2 channels and a professional grade feature set for home, studio or stage. Few can deny the intrinsic beauty of the acoustic Instrument, especially the acoustic guitar. The visual beauty of the tonewoods,...
Introducing the new Rosette™ 300 / Two:Eight Acoustic Combo Amplifier with 300 watts of portable power, 2 channels and a professional grade feature set for home, studio or stage.
Few can deny the intrinsic beauty of the acoustic Instrument, especially the acoustic guitar. The visual beauty of the tonewoods, the curvaceous shapes and elegant lines of body styles, and the delicate artwork of inlay all coalesce in harmonious interplay with tensioned strings to produce musical promise.
So when we at MESA® turned our eyes and ears toward amplifying these sounds, one thing more than any other stood out as an objective; Do No Harm. In its sincerity and perfection, there is no reason to “enhance” the sound of the acoustic guitar, or any other acoustic instrument for that matter, but rather… just reproduce it.
Unlike electric guitar amplifiers that offer myriad enhancements and often complete re-voicings, the acoustic instrument has all the complex harmonic content it could ever need, on-board. All that is required is the accurate reproduction of that beauty.
While staying true to the concept of Do No Harm, few products or companies seem to share this perspective for acoustic amplification. When it comes down to the design and choices of the electronic and mechanical components needed to fulfill that order, it is easier said than done. It requires a commitment to using the absolute best components and circuit design dedicated to uncompromising accuracy, purity of sound and the lowest possible extraneous noise.
The ROSETTE line is a dedicated acoustic instrument platform designed not just for acoustic guitars, but also for mandolin, ukulele, violin/fiddle, dulcimer, cello, upright bass and other uniquely acoustic instruments.
Our reverence and appreciation for acoustic instruments guides the designs of the Rosette Series products. Our commitment to produce innovative, reliable and inspiring musical instrument amplification for nearly 50 years, finally includes the incredible world of acoustic instruments. Introducing the Rosette 2x8 combo and the Rosette DI Preamp/Pedal.
In Rosette, we opted for architecture straight from high-end recording console designs. We developed Input stages that were not the typical, compromised dual-purpose circuits fed by universal XLR+1/4” combo jacks found on many acoustic amplifiers in the marketplace. Instead, we chose dedicated, time-tested designs, proven over decades of great recordings, to deliver the uncompromised, accurate truth.
- MIC Input of Channel 1, a rugged, professional XLR jack uses a dual discrete transistor pair for the trans-conductance Input stage. Because microphones are low impedance transducers, the noise current specification must be at the top of the design list for the best noise performance and Tone.
- Channels 1 and 2 feature duplicate ¼” mono PICKUP Inputs with input stage circuitry optimized for the impedance requirements of today’s (and yesterday’s) popular acoustic guitar pickups. A current source biased FET input stage was selected for this application as high impedance transducers require the noise voltage specification be the first consideration for optimal performance and Tone.
This purpose-built, no-compromise approach to the connection of your instrument pickup to the Input stage of the amp clearly states our mission with the Rosette Series. While it may look different from the crowded field of less sophisticated offerings in the marketplace, it is by far the proper and professional way to get the absolute best from the all-important instrument/pickup/amp input connection. Tone begins, and can end, at the Input Stage. We’re not about to let the latter happen on our watch.
- MUTE and PHASE switches accompany each channel’s Input features. Channel 1’s Input options are selected by the MIC/LINE switch, which determines the Input architecture.
- MUTE and PHASE selections' LEDs. A RED pair indicates Channel MUTE, while an additional RED LED below the MIC Input indicates the default Phantom Power ON status (harmless to non-phantom-powered mics). The BLUE LEDs being ON indicate the Phase being 180 Degrees flipped in relation to the INPUT signal.
- GAIN and FX SEND level controls. GAIN adjusts the input gain level for each channel and the FX SEND determines the amount of that signal to be routed to the internal Effects Processor or the SEND of the EXTERNAL EFFECTS LOOP.
- HI-PASS Filter can reduce or eliminate low-end feedback and tone issues before they can arise or be exacerbated with unintentional overuse of the EQ section. HI-PASS allows you to dial out the over-resonant, tubby frequencies that often create unwanted feedback, especially in bigger, more resonant guitars and acoustic instruments.
- Professional 4-Band EQ Section provides the same degree of shaping power found in upscale recording or live sound consoles and together with the optimized INPUT circuitry, creates two impressive Channel Strips for amplifying acoustic instruments. The separate LOW and HIGH semi-parametric MID Bands allow specific control over a wide range of frequencies and can easily overlap if needed. This professional level Tone and Frequency control places the Rosette in a category beyond standard acoustic amps and in with the best of high-end Pro Audio gear.
- Mini LED Indicators in the upper right corner of the Front Panel alert you to: 1) clipping the power section and the LIMIT circuit is being activated (YELLOW). 2) the amp overheating due to excessive Output or settings for prolonged periods (RED). 3) the amp’s Pilot light indicating the AC MAINS Power has been switched on (BLUE).
- On-board Effects Suite includes three effects choices: ROOM REVERB, HALL REVERB and REVERB AND CHORUS. These effects programs create many ways to add spatial enhancement to the sound of your instrument while the PARAMETER Controls provide unique adjustment of specific effect functions in each of the three modes. The FX MASTER control determines the overall mix of the effects to the dry signal to achieve the desired dry/wet blend.
- MASTER control at the far right bottom of the Front Panel provides volume adjustment of the amplifier and controls the overall output from the 300 watt power section that drives the Rosette’s two 8” custom neodymium speakers.
From Left we first see the AC MAINS power switch and the industry standard IEC AC MAINS removable Power Cord Socket. Never Alter the Power Cord in any way to reduce the risk of electrical shock. Be sure the Power Cable is seated firmly and completely in its receptacle.
- SPEAKER OUTPUT of the Rosette 2x8 Combo ensure the maximum 300 watt output power is provided via the optimized internal 4 Ohm speaker load..
- HEADPHONE Output is provided for personal monitoring, with or without the combo speakers connected. If you wish to play with headphones ONLY (not using the Rosette’s internal speakers), simply unplug the Speaker Cord from the SPEAKER OUTPUT jack. Operating the Rosette’s Class D amplifier without its speakers connected is 100% safe and allows you to play through and/or record silently with the amp with headphones (or the amp’s DI Outputs – or both). The HEADPHONE OUTPUT will efficiently drive any headphones with an impedance between 8 to 32 Ohms. We suggest researching and auditioning headphones before you buy as the performance can vary substantially between manufacturers and impedances.
- Channel MUTE FTSW Jack is provided to allow remotely controlled muting of the Channels. The MUTE FTSW Input is fitted with a stereo (Tip / Ring / Sleeve) jack with the Tip controlling Channel 1 MUTE and the Ring controlling Channel 2 MUTE. MESA sells Rosette specific Mute footswitches separately through our Authorized Dealers and Distributors, our Parts & Accessories Online Store, or by contacting our Customer Service department.
- FX BYPASS FTSW Jack accepts a mono ¼” cable and Tip to Ground ON/OFF footswitch to bypass the internal Effects and/or any external effects that may be inserted in the FX Loop. MESA sells FX bypass footswitches separately through our Authorized Dealers and Distributors, our Parts & Accessories Online Store, or by contacting our Customer Service department.
- FX LOOP SEND & RETURN Jacks. These mono jacks are provided as a Parallel Loop interface for connecting external effects processors and pedal effects between the amp’s preamp and power section. Both the SEND (Output) and RETURN (Input) are optimized for a Line Level signal, so external processors should have their Input and Output configured for the same signal level whenever possible. The FX SEND level is controlled by each channel’s Front Panel FX SEND control. The FX SEND can also be used as an additional ¼” Line Level Output when nothing is connected to the FX RETURN Jack.
- AUX INPUT is provided to allow connection of external music sources through your Rosette amplifier such as a CD player, mobile device, drum machine, and computers or DAWs used for audio playback and accompaniment. Use the device’s volume control to achieve its desired listening level in balance with your instrument as all controls except the MASTER are inactive in this signal path.
- Comprehensive, studio-quality DIRECT OUTPUT Section. Channel 1 & 2 have dedicated XLR Outputs with PRE/POST EQ, MIC or LINE LEVEL and GROUND or PIN 1 LIFT switches. Additionally, a third XLR Jack, with Ground or Pin 1 Lift Switch, delivers a properly summed output of both channels preset to POST EQ & POST FX and switchable between MIC & LINE level.
Beyond its thorough features and thoughtful layout, it’s the great TONE and exceptional low noise of Rosette’s DI Outputs that sets it apart from the competition. For live and recording, Monitor, Front of House and Recording engineers will thank you when they hear the clean, quiet and accurate signal the Rosette DI delivers. This comprehensive, Toneful DI is nearly worth the price of admission alone, especially as the signal that feeds your acoustic voice to live venues and recording applications with something as important as your music.
- Made in Petaluma, California with the World’s Finest Materials.
- Solid-State Preamps featuring Mute Switch with Mute Indicator LED, Clip Indicator LED, Phase Switch with Out of Phase Indicator LED, Input Level Control, FX Send Level Control.
- Light-Weight, Compact Class D Power Amp with Protection & Limit LED Indicators.
- 2 x 8", 8 Ohm Rosette 150 Speakers & 1" - HF Dome Tweeter. Total Load = 4 Ohms.
- 3-Position HF Dome Tweeter Level Switch.
- One 1/4" Output Jack (4 Ohm Minimum).
- 300 Watts @ 4 Ohms / 150 Watts @ 8 Ohms.
- 2 Channels:
- Channel 1 = Selectable XLR w/Phantom or 1/4".
- Channel 2 = 1/4".
- Available EQ:
- Variable Hi-Pass Filter (40Hz to 200Hz).
- Fully Active 4-Band EQ Controls (+/- 12dB of Bass, Low-Mid, High-Mid & Treble) with Sweepable (variable) Low-Mid (150Hz-1800Hz) & High-Mid (300Hz-5000Hz) Frequency Controls.
- 3 Internal Effects Options (Chorus+Reverb, Room or Hall Reverb) with 3 Parameter Controls.
- Parallel FX Loop (for external FX).
- External Switching Jacks for Channel Mutes and Internal FX Bypass (Footswitches Sold Separately).
- 3 Balanced XLR Direct Line Out Options: Channel 1 Only with Pre/Post, Line/Mic & Ground Lift Switches, Channel 2 Only with Pre/Post, Line/Mic & Ground Lift Switches & Channel 1 & 2 (Post EQ & FX Only) with Line/Mic & Ground Lift Switches.
- Headphone Output and Auxiliary Input.
- Twist-Lift Adjustable Tilt-Back System.
- All Aluminum Chassis.
- Slip Cover.
Weight and Dimensions
- 30 lbs (13.6 kg).
- (HxWxD): 13 1/2" (342.9 mm) x 18" (457.2 mm) x 12 1/4" (311.2 mm).